Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Browser Tools

Well so here I am , at the end. I had a bit of a problem understanding the difference between a bookmark and a bookmarlet at first. I think because they are both stored in My Favourites in Exploere. I did finally get my head around the difference. I liked the idea of browser add ons or extensions. After installing Firefox, I looked at some of the Browser tools.Ones I dowloaded and thought might be useful were the Canadian English dictionary, I had already added Delicious and I added Down them All as well. This extension aids the user with mass downloads. I just can't get over what is available in a computer. It's a total new world to me. Once I understood what I was doing , I was able to make a "Title" bookmarklet in Morris. I tested it by going to a Chapters website and highlighting the first book I saw. It happened to be A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews. So I highlighted the title in the Chapters site and went to Morris to see if I could find it. Sure enough , the library has a copy. ( PS 8589.0473C66 ) It's a pretty neat tool. Makes searching all that much easier and a little less cumbersome. It's like a shortcut I guess. And one can make a Marklet file in My Favourites so that you can keep things organized a bit better. I hope I can remember all the stuff I learned !

No comments: